Here are some of our top go-to resources for everything expecting parents may need.....
- Baby List: Allows you to put anything onto a baby list from any store
- Slacks & Co - chic European brand sold online and in some maternity stores in the US. Well-made business casual and casual attire.
H&M Maternity Wear- from classic tees to trendy dresses, plus everything at a great price.
Baby Gear Shops:
Giggles for the stylish family. Everything from furniture, clothes and toys. Makes you want to be a baby again!
- Babesta for the hipster cool city babies and kids. Carrying gear, clothing and furniture.
Buy Buy Baby great selection on everything for baby. Plus, you can use your Bed Bath & Beyond 20% coupons there as well and return unwanted items at any Bed Bath Beyond store.
- Babies R Us if you want to go to a store to push a stroller around
- Lucies' List - Great baby gear guides written by mamas
Baby Gear Lab - Very user-friendly baby gear reviews (in chart form!). Each review is done on the same dozen or so criteria, which makes comparison easy.
Nursing Supplies and Support:
- Bosom Buddies offers beautiful nursing bras and covers, plus breastfeeding pumps and rentals
New Mother NewBaby offer instore and online prenatal/postnatal parenting classes, plus a large selection of nursing bras, tops and nursing supplies.
- WedMD Video Series on Breastfeeding. Bitsize videos to explain the basics of breastfeeding.
Baby Skin Products:
Babo Botanicals offers ultra moisturizing products for babies with eczema. We love their sunscreen sticks!
Acure offers ph balanced, paraben-, sulfate= and dye-free products. Their 4-in-1 products (hand soap, shampoo, body wash & bubble bath) eliminate need for extra products.
Everyone Baby made by our favorite EO Product company extends their great products for our most delicate family member.
Maternity Leave Workouts and Mommy Groups:
- Fit4Moms: Group aerobic / barre classes, most of which are baby / toddler-friendly
Pelvic Floor Restoration:
Charles Ascher-Walsh/Heather Isola
5 East 98th Street, 2nd floor
Books to Read
- The First Forty Days - inspiring book with delicious recipes to optimize your postpartum recovery
- Raising Bebe - an interesting perspective from an American lens on how the French raise their children
- What to Expect the First Year - a beloved guide that is the closest "instruction manual" when it comes to understanding babies. Well organized by month to make consuming the information easy for rest-deprived parents.
- Happiest Baby on the Block - Dr. Harvey Karp shares his techniques for soothing babies and increasing sleep.
- The New Contented Little Baby Book - British parenting expert Gina Ford provides hour-by-hour, week-by week guide on getting babies and parents onto a schedule. She also has "The Contented Baby with Toddler Book" for those expecting their second child.
Let us know if there are other great resources you have found that we should share with parents!